Almost graduated? You are not on your own!

If you live in Flanders, you are required to register as a jobseeker with VDAB. Do you need help during your application process or are you still not sure which job is right for you?

VDAB can help you!

You can contact VDAB by phone on 0800 30 700 (toll-free) or make an appointment with a VDAB counselor. VDAB can help you with, among other things:

How can you register as a jobseeker?

You can register online as a jobseeker (only available in Dutch) or call the toll-free number 0800 30 700 (every working day from 8 AM to 7 PM). Select the "I'm fresh out of school or fresh out of college, starting my professional integration period"-option.

I am registered... now what?

As soon as you have a VDAB account, you can get started. You get tips and assignments to help you in your search for your first job. Some of these assignments are compulsory and you have one month to complete them.
Check here what your rights and obligations are during the professional integration period: 

Professional integration time what is it?

You do not receive benefits immediately upon graduation. You first go through a professional integration period. This period lasts for one year. If after that year you have not yet found a job and have received two positive evaluations from VDAB for your search behavior, you can apply for an integration benefit. Please take into account that this benefit is for - 25-year olds. Those who have been studying longer are not entitled to it. This, of course, does not mean that you cannot use the services of VDAB.

I have found a job!

Do you have a full-time job? Then you will be automatically deregistered as a jobseeker from the VDAB database.
Is it a part-time job or an interim assignment? Check here what you have to do in this case (only available in Dutch).

Good luck!