Start-up corner & entrepreneurship
During the Afstudeerbeurs 2019, extra attention will be given to student entrepreneurs and start-ups. The start-up corner can be found on the first floor of the ICC - on the left of the escalators. Here you can meet different student entrepreneurs and ask questions. In addition, some of them will also offer their products for sale.
Gentrepreneur and the AUGent institutions will also be present in the start-up corner to provide additional information.
In the start-up corner you can meet the following student entrepreneurs and alumni in person:
- Gilles Van Schoorisse from The Distillery (ticketingsystem)
- Phaedra Vergeylen from Mon-chique (Belgian Design)
- Gözde Un van Gözde Beauty
- Eva Baete from Brainfog (ecologic graphic design)
- Maud Buytaert, Nienke Dhondt & Jens Michels van Jammed
- Thibault Foucquaert & Matthijs Dewaele van Jobs for graduates - Knowhouse
There will also be a short infosession by Xerius and SBB about "Starting your business." Entrepreneurship, how do you start? Start-up conditions, social security contributions, accounting and fiscal aspects. The status of student entrepreneur. What changes when you graduate? This info session will take place on the 1st floor ICC (Dutch).
The following coaches will be present in the start-up corner to offer free advice:
- Margot Vanden Bossche: Arteveldehogeschool
- Bram De Muynck: Howest
- Pol Bracke: HOGENT
- Tom Van Damme: UGent
- Evelyne Verhovert: Gentrepreneur